Google wave is a web-based application that enhances electronic communication. Here is a (long) presentation and preview of Google Wave:
This latest initiative may provide educators additional resources for online personal learning environments. In EDUCAUSE‘s 7 Things You Should Know About Google Wave, details how this emerging technology can be utilized for teaching and learning:
- Conversations -multiple messages for message board chats, IM, texting, etc
- Archiving email/chat dialogues that are also non-linnear & asynchronous
- Interactive maps
- Informal polls
- Translation of text for global learners
- Photography & image sharing
- Playback function for review of conversations, notes & presentations
- Team-based learning for collaboration of projects
- Accessibility & usability
- Practical uses for academic advising [from @ericstoller]
As a recent invitee to Google Wave, I am still experimenting and sampling this new resource [with the help of The Complete Guide to Google Wave]. As more people receive invites and the beta version of Google Wave develops, educators will get involved and as they find value and potential for their profession.
You must be logged in to post a comment.