Well, I’ve had some travel & packed appointment days, so here’s my delayed RECAP post from the 2013 Annual NACADA Conference (#nacada13) in Salt Lake City, UT. I proudly passed the NACADA Technology in Advising Commission (#AdvTech) chair torch to Julie Larsen (@julieclarsen); however I thought I would highlight some of the great things from our commission, steering committee, and general happenings at the #nacada13 conference:
- Consultation for the NEW #nacada13 mobile app via Guidebook = awesome!
- High five to the #nacada13 Social Media Team – fine job tweeting, blogging, photog-ing, and more!
- We set goals & planned for the next year all across NACADA in a strategic way. Go assessment!
- Thanks to Julie Larsen & George Steele for an involved Pre-Conference workshop for aligning your advising goals to technology planning – Here are a few tweets from the workshop
- Kudos for Dr. Melissa Johnson for pulling together the #hackPhD panel with Sarah Craddock, Erin Justyna & Me — this conversation motivated me to work on my dissertation proposal & have some meaningful after panel conversations with a number of advising professionals/faculty. Follow: @drmelissajl, @polishpattycake, @sarahhcraddock for continued hacking your PhD support. 🙂
- Great dialogues and sharing happened at the #SMAdv discussion lead by Matt Rupert (@matt_rupert ) & me – thanks to those who tweeted social media guidelines & thoughts during the session — feel free to contribute & read more here: http://bit.ly/smadv
- For those of us not always able to travel to #nacada13, talked about alternative and informal ways to encourage professional development for individuals advisors or at your institution. Here are the notes taken on Twitter. Be sure to follow the panel: @allenmtaylor, @peacox, @polishpattycake
- The #AdvTech Commission won MOST CREATIVE at the Commission & Interest Group (CIG) Fair Breakfast! See what happens when you PUT A HASHTAG ON IT! See how we got active with our hashtag at #nacada13. Thanks to our Toby Deutsch (@freestyl321) & our #advetch steering committee for their brilliant ideas!
- The #AdvTech Commission was great! You give these participants and Google doc, the hit the ground running to brainstorm, share, and take notes. Here’s our agenda and musings from the meeting: http://bit.ly/advtechmtg13
- CONGRATULATIONS to our very own NACADA Commission & Interest Group Division Service Award winner, Paul Cox (@peacox). We appreciate ALL THAT YOU DO for #acadv & #advtech. Thanks!
- The 3rd annual #nacada13 & #AcAdv Chat Tweet Up on Tuesday (10/8) rallied with the Canada Interest Group & The Gentlemen Riders at the Bee Hive http://bit.ly/nacada13tweetup
- Although the #advtech HOT TOPIC round table discussions was the LAST schedule session at the conference, we had a great turn out & very fruitful discussions — here are the open notes from this session: http://bit.ly/HOTtopic13
So I just want to say…
Are you interested in getting involved with the #advtech commission? The #AdvTech NACADA Technology in Advising Commission Sign-up for 2013-2014 is still open http://bit.ly/advtech13. Please complete this form to let us know HOW you want to be involved this year. Talk to our #advtech steering committee leaders if you have questions, ideas, or suggestions for our commission!