It’s almost Friday, July 13th, which means it’s time to get ready for the monthly Higher Ed Digital Identity (#HEdigID) Chat! I am excited to expand the #HEdigID conversation to welcome Suzan Koseoglu (@SuzanKoseoglu) as a guest moderator (MOD) for this slow Twitter chat. In preparing for the #hedigid MOD -ing role, Suzan has developed a list of questions and prompts to facilitate this ALL DAY discussion on Open Educational Practices (#OEP) she details further:
There has been growing interest in digital Open Educational Practices (OEPs) in recent years as evidenced in the increasing number of research papers, reports and conference presentations on the topic and in the discourse on open practice in general. Although OEPs are mostly discussed in the context of OERs, mostly in terms of OER creation, adoption and use, it is actually a multidimensional construct which encompasses many different dimensions of open approaches and practices. These may include open scholarship, open learning, open teaching/pedagogy, open systems and architectures, and open source software.
“A focus on open practice is important because it shifts the focus of open educational initiatives and efforts from access to process: the process of learning, teaching, designing.” ~ Suzan Koseoglu
The process of co-construction, active and meaningful engagement. It is also a call to think deeply and critically about openness, a call for a deeper investigation into the relationship between technology and education, and the complex interaction between educational resources, methods of teaching, the institutional culture and available support mechanisms
To prepare for this conversation around open ed practices, here is a bit more information to review before the upcoming #HEdigID Chat:
#HEdigID Chat TOPIC: Open Educational Practices (#OEP)
This SLOW chat can be found on Twitter with the hashtag: #HEdigID and within this OPEN Google doc: http://bit.ly/hedigid6
Here are the QUESTIONS you will see appear on Twitter and in an open Google doc for the FRIDAY (July 13th) #HEdigID ALL-DAY discussion:
- Today we are talking about open educational practices (OEP). What questions or issues do you want to discuss related to this topic?
- What is open educational practice for you? How would you define it?
- Let’s build a thematic timeline of open practice collectively! When did you first engage in an open practice and why? – We’ll share the results soon at #HEdigID after the Twitter chat.
- TWITTER POLL: Higher Education institutions recognize and reward open scholarship (e.g., OA publishing, open teaching, open sharing, networked learning) as a valid form of academic scholarship. [VOTE: (a) I agree; (b) I don’t agree; or (c) I don’t know]
- How do open educational practices (OEPs) impact your digital identity?
- TBD based on responses to Q1
Join the discussion on open educational practices by:
Tweeting your response with the hashtag: #HEdigID
Responding directly IN this Google Doc: http://bit.ly/hedigid6
Use these questions to draft your own personal reflection and response (e.g. blog post, video, audio, drawing or offline discussion)
UPDATE: July 14, 2018 to include the Twitter chat transcript:
1 thought on “#HEdigID Chat No. 6: Open Educational Practices with @SuzanKoseoglu #OEP #OER #OpenEd”
Reblogged this on Completely Different Readings.