Higher Education Digital Identity (a.k.a. #HEdigID) Chat. This Twitter chat is designed to discuss what it means to be ONLINE as a higher ed professional (e.g. staff, faculty, graduate students, etc.) today. As we work and play on social networks, linked platforms, and open media spaces, there are opportunities to connect to communities, collaborate with peers, and share our practice. That being said, digital engagement also comes with challenges, issues, or limitations we need to talk about together.
Any and all postsecondary faculty, staff, professionals, scholars, practitioners, administrators, graduate students, and leaders (really anyone in higher ed) are encouraged to JOIN and CONTRIBUTE to the Twitter conversation. There will be a TOPIC, THEME, and PROMPTS to guide the Twitter Chat over the course of the day. This “SLOW” Twitter Chat (all day) is designed to encourage and allow our colleagues from across the pond, time zones, and busy work schedules to join in the dialogue.
We will chat on Twitter on the designated FRIDAY of EACH month about topics related to “being online,” networked, and digitally engaged. Here’s the #HEdigID schedule, if you would like to save the date to join in:
|March 9, 2018||August 10, 2018 (MOD: @profpeaton)|
|April 13, 2018||September 14, 2018|
|May 18, 2018||October 9, 2018|
|June 8, 2018 (MOD: @einterview)||November 9, 2018 (MOD: @hapsci)|
|July 13, 2018 (MOD: @SuzanKoseoglu)||December 14, 2018|
I will most likely moderate (MOD) the first couple of #HEdigID chats; however, I would like to extend the invite to others in the community to moderate and/or contribute an IDEA or a TOPIC we should discuss during a Twitter chat. I plan to tap a few shoulders of other colleagues who are involved in teaching, research, and service scholarship in the area of networked scholarship, practice, and online digital identity and presence to lead a future #HEdigID Chat TOPIC.
Are you interested in being a MOD or co-MOD one week? Let me know, DM me on Twitter or send me an email about a topic you would like to chat about: techknowtoolsllc [at] gmail.com
Read: ARCHIVES of past #HEdigID Chats:
- #HEdigID Chat Transcript, No. 1: On Being Online in Higher Ed (February 9, 2018)
- #HEdigID Chat Transcript, No. 2: Openness in Higher Ed (March 9, 2018) & Google doc conversation: http://bit.ly/hedigid2
- #HEdigID Chat, No. 3: Privacy and Personal Data in Networked Spaces (April 13, 2018) & Google doc conversation: http://bit.ly/hedigid3
- #HEdigID Chat, No. 4: Digital Opportunities and Networked Challenges (May 18, 2018) & Google doc conversation: http://bit.ly/hedigid4
- #HEdigID Chat, No. 5: Renew, Refresh, Reboot, Restart Your Academic Writing (June 8, 2018) & Google doc: http://bit.ly/hedigid5
- #HEdigID Chat, No. 6: Open Educational Resources #OEP (July 13, 2018) & Google doc: http://bit.ly/hedigid6
- #HEdigID Chat, No. 7: Managing Digital Overload & Stress (August 8, 2018) & Google doc: http://bit.ly/HEdigid7
- #HEdigID Chat, No. 8: #SocialMediaLife These Days (September 14, 2018) & Google doc: http://bit.ly/hedigid8
- #HEdigID Chat Transcript, No. 9: Digital Storytelling in Higher Ed (October 12, 2018) & Google doc: http://bit.ly/hedigid9
- #HEdigID Chat Transcript, No.10: Motivations for Using Social Media (November 9, 2018) & Google Doc: http://bit.ly/hedigid10
- #HEdigID Chat No. 11: 2018: A Year In Review & Reflection – Google doc: http://bit.ly/hedigid11
- #HEdigID Chat No. 12: Taking Control & Managing Your Professional Digital Reputation – Google doc http://bit.ly/hedigid12
- #HEdigID Chat Transcript, No. 13: Living a Purposeful Digital Life (May 17, 2019) & Google doc: http://bit.ly/hedigid13