TODAY, Wednesday, July 13th at 3 pm PST//5 pm CST//6 PM EST the #3Wedu Podcasters will discuss issues around getting started and establishing yourself in a new position in higher ed. In previous #3Wedu podcast episodes, we’ve discussed issues that a number of women face as they move throughout their career, including (but not limited to): the double bind, importance of supporting one another, mentoring, the value of care work, and removing organizational barriers for women. This next podcast we dig into the following questions, not in any particular order:
- What are the things you should do just before and after you start a new job? This may include salary negotiations, benefits, culture and fit.
- How should you plan your professional development funding? Suggestions and ideas for opportunities for learning and growth in your career.
- Do you agree with this study or think we have to be “warm” to advance in your career?: To Seem Confident Women Have to be Seen as Warm
- We were thrilled to have Mary Niemiec as our special guest for our “Wine Box” rant, rave & review.
Join us TONIGHT with the following show notes http://bit.ly/3wedu7 and by tuning into the LIVE broadcast here:
- The #3Wedu Podcast Website: https://3wedu.wordpress.com/
- Join the convo LIVE today via the #3Wedu hashtag and follow @3Wedu on Twitter!
- Our show archive: #3Wedu YouTube Channel
This blog post is cross-posted at EdTechIsGorgeous and The #3Wedu Podcast blog.
You must be logged in to post a comment.