There’s a whole lot of buzz in the news, on the political scene and elsewhere about micro-blogging with Twitter. As an educator, you decided to join to see what the tweet it was all about.
The good news is that educators CAN use this social media tool to connect with resources & individuals in their profession. Be sure to check out The Top 100 Edu Tweeters who share great resources, information & news about education.
Here are a few that I have been following on Twitter [and I am sure that a few more will be added shortly]:
- @OpenUniversity: The Open University offers university education to everyone, and shares tips, news, and developments through this Twitter stream.
- @utpress: This Tweeter offers news from Canada’s oldest and largest scholarly publisher.
- @Librarian: This tweeter works to “reach the parts other libraries have yet to reach.”
- @edventures: John Martin is a technology architect for higher education.
- @eduguru: Follow edguru to learn about Internet marketing and web development for higher education.
- @higheredu: Higher Edu works to get colleges and universities on Twitter.