Do you listen to any podcasts? You should. Today, September 30th, is International Podcast Day (#InternationalPodcastDay)! The other day, my @BreakDrink podcast co-host, Jeff, and I chatted about this festive holiday for podcasting as we might be fans of podcasts (listen to @BreakDrink episode no. 1). Thanks, fellow podcast hosts @Katie__Linder & @bonni2018, for reminding us about this pod holiday last week!
International Podcast Day™ is September 30th and is an international celebration of the power of podcasts! The celebration is a great opportunity to connect with fellow podcasters, podcast listeners, podcast enthusiasts, and leaders in the podcasting industry. Help spread the word by telling your friends, sharing the celebration on your podcasts and social media feeds, and using #InternationalPodcastDay. There are several ways to get involved and plenty to benefit from by taking part in International Podcast Day. See our suggestions below. But first, we must all “Start The Conversation” and share the power of podcasts!
YOU Can TOTALLY Get Involved with #InternationalPodcastDay By:
- Checking out the #InternationalPodcastDay to learn about podcasts worldwide or share your own!
- Grab your mic and camera, ask someone about their favourite podcast. Share on social media!
- Join in numerous events in your region and around the world (Use the Googles).
- Promote by posting the official banner image on your website.
- Play the International Podcast Day audio or video promo on your show.
- Change your social media image to the International Podcast Day logo
- Explain to someone what a podcast is and get them hooked (it’s harder than you think)
- Share your favourite podcast with someone (coworker, friend, teammate)
- Send feedback to your favourite podcasters and tell them to thank you
- Provide a rating and review in Apple Podcasts or other platforms
- Subscribe to a new show and talk about it using #InternationalPodcastDay
- Not a podcaster? Become one! (or think about it)
- Listen to the recommendations, Jeff & I give on our podcast about it here:
These are our “go to” podcasts we recommend. These are friends of the pod and podcasts we have enjoyed, so we suspect you will as well. Take a listen to these recommendations from the @BreakDrink Team (and of course, you can check out our archives as well: http://breakdrink.com/).
Do you listen to a podcast in #highered OR other? Tell us about it: https://bit.ly/higheredpodcasts
More about our podcast project here: https://higheredpodcasts.wordpress.com/