Do you miss the Campus Tech Connection (#CTCX) podcast from the ol’ skool BreakDrink? [Or perhaps just the rants?] Then @BreakDrink episode no. 7, lovingly called, The Technology Curmudgeons, is for you! Jeff Lail
joins Jeff and me to chat about how technology AND our own perspectives on technology have changed.
If you have not read the article, Tech Bigwigs Know How Addictive Their Products Are. Why Don’t the Rest of Us?, or seen the Brain Hacking episode from a recent 60 minutes – you should. What is technology doing to our brains? How are technologies social engineering us? Are we questioning the issues around technology on campus enough? Have we even thought about Privacy, Data Survivalism, and New Tech Ethics [via Note To Self episode with Anil Dash & Julia Angwin] and where we are going as a society?
Listen and catch the rest of the show notes/links directly on the BreakDrink.com site, including the following recommended reads & listens.
@BreakDrink Reads Mentioned:
- Millennials Rising
- The Fourth Turning
- Irresistible: The Rise of Addictive Technology and the Business of Keeping Us Hooked
- Generation X: Tales of an Accelerated Culture
@BreakDrink Podcast ShoutOuts
- Twenty Thousand Hertz https://www.20k.org/ Loss of self as we go from analog to digital
- 99% Invisible http://99percentinvisible.org/
- Science Vs https://gimletmedia.com/science-vs/
- S-Town https://stownpodcast.org/
- Reply All, Episode #90: Matt Lieber Goes to Dinner (Data selling by the government)
- You Look Nice Today http://youlooknicetoday.com/
If you have comments, questions, feedback, or thinks you want to hear about from this episode or future episodes, please feel free to post a comment below, or follow us on the following the “BreakDrink” podcast channels:
- Website: http://breakdrink.com/
- Twitter: @BreakDrink
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/breakdrink/
- SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/breakdrink/
We welcome banter & comments there. If y’all listen to the podcast via iTunes, please consider leaving us a rating and review.