I have posted about on the NACADA Tech website, however check out the recent publication of the 2009 Horizon Report as posted on the other blog today.
I think that there are some super rad things educators should consider with respect to these new technologies in higher education:
- increased use of games as learning & instructional tools
- collective intelligence being on the forefront of university life
- improved means of communication & teaching through M-learning
- impacts to educating students about the global community
- skill development for information & technical literacy
- changes to dated learning means & materials
- reviewing assessment & evaluation practices
- delivery of student support services & resources
And many, many more transitions to what we currently know. Are you ready for what lies ahead?