We always seem to push forward and do more in our daily working lives. Being productive seems to offer many bragging rights for more hours worked, more emails replied to or even more things on our plate. But does this “productive” work leave us time to ponder and reflect about what we are working on? How do we take pause and find quiet time during each academic term? How do you step back from your daily, weekly, or monthly grind on campus? Are there ways you can be productive and find time to ponder each semester? Let’s chat about it and share HOW we are working to be our best selves in post-secondary education. Join us TODAY, November 21, 2017, from 12-1 pm CDT as we discuss the following topic on Twitter: Productivity vs. Pondering in Higher ed
HOW TO: Participate in the #SAcdn Chat
The #SAcdn hashtag has been embraced by student affairs (SA), student services, and professionals who support students in Canadian higher education. The goal is to connect and communicate what is going on in universities and community colleges across the country.
Here’s a quick overview of how to participate in #SAcdn Chat:
- Set up your Twitter Account (HOW TO: Set Up The Twitters).
- Follow the in #SAcdn hashtag on Twitter for the latest tweets.
- Follow @cacusstweets who will moderate the Q & A for the Twitter Chat.
- Get ready and excited for TODAY’s (11/21) chat by checking out the #SAcdn hashtag NOW!
- JOIN US Tuesday, November 21st from 10-11 am PT/12-1 pm CT/2 pm AT for the LIVE, synchronous #SAcdn Twitter conversation. We will “talk” about TOPIC: Productivity vs. Pondering in Higher Ed
Be sure to contribute to the LIVE #SAcdn Twitter Chat by:
- Logging into your Twitter account as the#SAcdn chat will happen ON THE TWITTER platform.
- Follow along in real time during the #SAcdn Twitter chat by following along on the Twitter hashtag: #SAcdn or this Tweet Chat Room: http://tweetchat.com/room/SAcdn
- The MOD (moderator) @cacusstweets will ask 4-6 questions during the 60-minute chat; please respond with the Q# in your update, e.g. “Q1: Your Answer” Plus you now have 280 characters to respond!
- Invite your higher education faculty/staff peers to join the conversation – all our welcome to join!
- Include the#SAcdn hashtag in your tweets and responses (“@”) to others.
To help you prepare, here are a few of the #SAcdn chat questions to ponder IN ADVANCE of our conversation:
- How do you define “productivity” with regards to the work you do in higher ed?
- On the flip side, how do you ponder or reflect more about your work and role in #highered?
- What are the challenges of productivity you face on a daily, weekly, or semester basis in #highered? Please describe.
- Think of your last great “success” at work. What role did productivity and/or pondering (reflection) play? Please share.
- Instead of #inboxzero (email), when was the last time you bragged lately about getting 8+ hours of sleep, eating a healthy meal, or leaving your desk/office on time? Share 1 thing you do for your well-being.
- We always are on the go & trying to be productive. What is ONE (1) thing you are going to do to PAUSE and PONDER (reflect) during the busy end of year/semester time?